Cajun Salmon with Chargrilled Corn Salsa
Being conscious about one’s health is becoming one of the trends of 2017; people switching into organic, eating more fruits and vegetables, consuming less of fatty foods, and an increase of people hitting the gym. Aside from the famous tagline “Health is Wealth”, another possible reason for this emerging habit is that it does not require much for a person to take better care of their health. In fact, it can be achieved by simply preparing your own meals.
This 5-ingredient recipe is packed with nutritious food containing vitamins, minerals, and good fats that are essential to sustain bodily functions. Salmon contains a good amount of Omega 3 that is known to decrease inflammation, lower blood pressure, reduce risk of cancer, and improve the function of cells. Meanwhile, your body will thank you for eating more salsa; the food is composed of natural ingredients packed with vitamin C, lycopene, fiber, and water. For this wonderful recipe, you would only need to follow 4 easy steps using only five ingredients, check it out!
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 350g mixed tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
How to cook:
1. Prepare the grill and set the heat to medium-high. Grill the corn for 8 minutes while occasionally turning each side. Set aside.
2. After the corn has cooled, use a small serrated knife to cut the kernels from the cob. Put the kernels in a big bowl. Add the quartered tomatoes and mix the two.
3. Dust the salmon fillet with Cajun seasoning and then cook each side on grill for 2 minutes for medium or according to your liking.
4. Serve salsa to plates and then top with salmon. Serve immediately.
This recipe can be cooked within 20 minutes and can be enjoyed by 2 - 4 persons.