CovaU Energy

Feedback & Complaints

Your experience matters and we want to hear from you.

Letting us know about your experience with us helps to improve the way we do business in our systems, policies, and procedures. If you have feedback or an issue you’d like us to resolve, contact us by sending an email to or call us at 1300 689 866 to discuss how we can work together.

We understand that your time is valuable, so in response to common questions from our customers, we’ve provided some answers to our most frequently asked questions.

If customers have a disability, they may either call the Customer Service team or appoint an authorised representative to raise the complaint on their behalf.

How to lodge a complaint

If you have an enquiry, wish to provide feedback, or make a complaint, reach out to our friendly customer service team:
If you are writing or sending a complaint electronically, make sure to include:
  • Your name, address, postcode, email address and your preferred contact number.
  • Provide as much information about your complaint as possible to ensure a quicker response time.
  • Let us know when and how is best to get in touch, and we will do our best to meet this.

If sending by Post, we’ll acknowledge your letter within 5 working days. 


For a swift resolution of your inquiry or complaint, we recommend reaching out to our friendly customer service team on 1300 689 866. Upon receiving your inquiry or complaint, we will:

  • Acknowledge your complaint promptly, assigning a unique Reference Number for furter communication.
    Collect your details and document your complaint for a thorough understanding.
  • Inform you that a detailed record of our process is available on the CovaU website.
  • Commit to reviewing your complaint within a reasonable timeframe.
  • Keep you updated throughout the resolution process.
  • Consult with you as needed and inform you promptly upon resolution.
  • Propose practical changes to prevent future issues, showing our commitment to continuous improvement.


CovaU representatives will always provide customers with their name and try to resolve the complaint on the spot.

Ask to speak to a team leader

If your not satisfied with the way your enquiry is being handled, or the resolution you are provided, ask for one of our team leaders. Our senior representatives will work with you to address any outstanding concerns.


If the resolution of your complaint doesn’t meet your satisfaction, we’ll inform you about other available options.

In each state, the Energy and Water Ombudsman is a free and independent service ready to offer information, advice, and assistance to customers. You have the right to contact the Energy & Water Ombudsman at any time. They handle and resolve customer complaints and disputes through an impartial process.


Energy and Water Ombudsmen

New South Wales
Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON)


Energy & Water Ombudsman Victoria (EWOV)


Energy & Water Ombudsman Queensland (EWOQ)

South Australia

Energy & Water Ombudsman SA (EWOSA)

Australian Capital Territory

ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACAT)


Energy Ombudsman Tasmania


For more details, please refer to our Standard Complaints and Dispute Resolution Policy.